How to create a new admin role
- Navigate to System > Permissions > Roles.
- On the Roles screen, you can then click in to view and amend any existing roles, or alternatively click +Add New Role to create a new role.
- In the Role Info tab, enter a descriptive name and enter your Current Admin Password (earlier versions don't require your admin password to be added)
- In the Role Resources tab, define the Role Scopes to restrict the role to certain store views *this is an Enterprise only feature.
- Tick all the resources (also known as ACLs, or Access Control Lists) that you want to be available to an admin user assigned with your new role.
- Once happy, click Save Role.
How to create a new admin user
- Navigate to System > Permissions > Users.
- On the Users screen, you can click in to view and amend any existing users, or alternatively click +Add New User to create a new user.
- In the Account Information tab, enter all the admin users information that they will use to sign in and recover password should they forget their password.
- In the User Role, tick the appropriate role to assign to the user.
- Once happy, click Save User.